Submitted by: Raeza Rolluqui
Cheating is one of the greatest fears when someone is in a relationship. Every person fears the fact they their partners might someday cheat on them. The couples that never went through this road are very lucky, but let s be honest and say that most couples underwent such stages. So the main question for those who are currently experiencing this crucial stage is: What should I do now?
There are a lot of situations for every different couple when it comes to cheating. Let s starting with the mildest one He or She Cheated Once :
* When your partner cheated on you, expect that s/he will never admit it at first encounter. Trust me that he will go to any means just to avoid the confrontation. You might not get a hold of him/her for a couple of days, but be persistent. If you want an answer with your suspicion, cling to him. Never stop until s/he finally gives in. Now, if you got your answer and if it s a YES , stop the communication at the very moment.
* With the confirmation in your head, this will be the stage where depression would eat you up. You need to cry, baby. Being cheated with will give you one of the greatest pain you will ever receive. So don t hesitate to cry, it will lessen the burden inside your chest. Though people will tell you to stop, don t listen to them, only you will know whether you ve already cried enough or not. Give yourself the time to mourn for the trust that died away.
* As it s the first time that your partner cheated on you, you should give time to talk it all out. Once you got over the crying jag, you ll be able to face him/her again, and expect anger to be with you. When you finally get to talk, the first question should be: WHY? Listen to him and never interrupt. Let him mumble, murmur and rant about his/her far-fetched reason. Reasons will come differently for each couple, so if you re satisfied with your partner s reason, ask yourself if you will accept it.
* Forgive. I know it is not fair and I know it s easier said than done, but God told us to forgive, like the way He had forgiven our sins. Lack of forgiveness will lead people to their destruction, so be open to forgiving your partner. You can do it slowly, but let it be surely. If he/she asked you back, it will be entirely up to you to trust your partner again. The decisions will all be up to you, and no one can tell you what to do. The purpose of this article is that you can have a guide, a little help, when there seemed to be helplessness for the situation. Think and rethink whether to give a chance or never again. But always forgive, it is every essential.
So what should you do when the Cheating Was Done Not Once, But Twice? :
* In my own honest opinion, once your partner cheated on you again and again, there s no rational reason to accept him/her (this doesn t apply to married couples) once more. S/He is making you an idiot right in front of your face, so let it go. Fixation might eat you up, or the phrases What about the years we had? will haunt you, but baby listen to this: THIS IS GOING NOWHERE. There will be a lot of people out there meant for you, never to hurt you but to cherish and love you forever and ever. Stop enduring and learn to love yourself first. Don t listen to sad music, don t stare at your photos take him/her away from your sight and your life to forget about him. If he/she truly loves you, why would he/she love another one again? Be logical and not overly emotional, you ll only run around the cycle again and again. But never forget to forgive, okay? Forgive him/her and move on. Live your life and take chances again life is full of chances for you to take, it s just waiting there around the corner so go ahead and find it!
For married couples:
* I would never suggest divorce. Please be responsible with the decision you did and trouble you made. If you can’t stand each other, give space, but never separate entirely. For the cheater, do what you need to do in order to prove that you are trustworthy again, and never do it as you would promise. And for the person who got cheated with, give your spouse a chance and think of your family. Talk and learn how to trust again, pray to the Lord and He will always answer you. Rebuild your family and never mention mistakes or sins (even cheating) again if ever you will get into arguments or fights. Never look back and move on forward.
About the Author: Raeza Rolluqui’s passion is all about writing. She’d been writing for 6 years now, and had been in the professional world for about two years. She likes to write about matters that concerns the environment, in-demand and timely topics, and relationship advices.SITE: